Monday, 17 January 2011

Clearing Out A Backlog

I'm working on a few longer things at the moment, and don't feel especially inclined to post them for all to see - although I've let a few friends read bits, I'm pretty protective of unfinished work. Trying to grow out of intense shyness is apparently quite difficult!

So as a placeholder on here, have a song I wrote a few years ago. I don't like it, personally, so it would be interesting to see if I have the same taste as the people reading this (I'm NOT fishing for compliments here, I'm clearing it from my folder, and only want to hear actual opinions). The structure is ABABA, and the second B section seems irrelevant to me now I read it again, although it made sense at the time.

Different Things

Different things, different days
My reactions change in multiple ways
Last week I hated you, this week I can’t get enough of your face
So you see what I mean, different things, different days

Some people say it’s because I’m a woman
One potato, two potato, chopping and changing
I’m more inclined to say it’s coz I’m human
My synapses are constantly rearranging

Insane thoughts, childish games
We both benefit from my terrible aim
Tell me your point of view, I’ll tell you mine and I bet they’re the same
But we still feel the need for all these insane childish games

Television ruins our perception of people
Forcefed information til we’re sick in the head
If you follow someone blindly then you’re weak, you’re feeble
Don’t go by rules just because they’ve been read

Different things, different days
My reactions change in multiple ways
Last week I hated you, this week I can’t get enough of your face
So you see what I mean, different things, different days

No comments:

Post a Comment