Tuesday, 11 January 2011

The End Of The Transfer Window

So, as my father settles down to watch football yet again, I distract myself with a further few blogs and self-run websites for your consideration. I hope you get a chance to familiarise yourself with at least one or two of these, as they enrich my mind in a way that endless Facebook/Twitter switching cannot do. In no particular order, a continuation of the list in my previous post:

Little Bird - or Nath - is a multicoloured marvel, a blogger extraordinaire and a thoroughly wonderful person. Have a look at her photos, and then she might post some more. She's awfully good at getting great, clean lighting and I'm uncertain how. Maybe she's magic.
Le Petit Oiseau

The Hungry Londoner is a mostly anonymous woman-about-London-town who writes about food as often as she can, and who should definitely be pressured into a post-Christmas ramble. Recipes, restaurant reviews (she utilises guest bloggers sometimes, including myself) and more abound here, as well as links to other excellent food blogs.
The Hungry Londoner

Mr Ken Macbeth lives in Germany and has a penchant for...nay, more an obsession with...tea in all its forms. He visits tea houses, has tastings, and describes it all beautifully, along with historical descriptions of varieties, with the accompaniment of great pictures. A true expert in his field.
Lahikmajoe Drinks Tea

Rosa Martyn is a student at the Royal School of Needlework, and writes about this as well as other subjects about which she is passionate. Fascinating stuff - I go for a quick peek and just can't stop reading. Remember to check out her Lady Gaga embroidery!
My Little Stitches

This last one was sent to me by a friend. I know nothing of its author, but it provides an elegant and indepth look into life in the east of London - characters, places, pictures, memories. One to use for when you need ten minutes of heartwarmth.
Spitalfields Life

There are many more blogs and websites out there with a stupefying array of subjects, themes, arts and sciences. Go and look for yourself, and you can see the world even when sat at home.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I am heading to the Tea crazy blog now :)

    ReplyDelete