Wednesday, 26 January 2011

Neon Laughter

First of all, I have to thank publisher/reviewer/writer Scott Pack, whose own website is Me And My Big Mouth - as reading his work has apparently rid me of my need to rhyme. Check out his poetry, it's a genuine delight.

Neon Laughter

Explosion in my mind
Zooms and flashes and bursts
A FRACTION of a second!

A sudden strike of pleasure
Amongst the tire of before

Glittering fragments of cheer
The recollection of which
weeks on
is enough to make my day

Neon laughter fizzing up and
Overwhelming rush of smiles
Happiness.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katherine. I stalked you here from Scott Pack's blog, and your reading of his surprising little fairy poem. Any blog that's got cake and cullen skink in the index, next to each other, no less, has to be worth following. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete