Monday, 24 January 2011

Think

They hurt, you know. All those things to which you don’t give a second thought, they hurt. When I begin a conversation with someone else, only to have you rudely take over. You might know more about the subject, but I don’t know if this is true, because the disappointment takes up too much room in my head to listen to you at the same time. When you give me a compliment, then I realise that this is the first time ever it has happened. When I tell you some news from an old friend, and that baffled expression crosses your face as if you don’t know who I’m talking about, despite meeting them dozens of times. When I’m excited about something and you don’t take the slightest interest. When you don’t listen, but instead wait for a gap so that you can speak. It hurts. I don’t know if it’s intentional, but I must assume it isn’t, because if I start to think it is, it would destroy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment