Friday, 10 June 2011

The Split Part One

This is a two part story, the first part of which is read by top Swedish (in case you couldn't translate!) gal Emine Güler. Second part coming shortly.

Listen!

The Split Part One


I haven't been back for fifteen years
I grip the plane, my fears
cloud around me
I don't like travelling alone

He isn't with me, I told him to stay
With our heart, our home
Yet I wish
He had tried harder to insist
I don't like travelling alone

I get in a taxi at the airport
"Where to today?" the man asks
as if we were familiar
"Just the usual," I joke,
"Just the usual."
I have to repeat it
My accent is warped with the years away
The moment is lost
My head down
I pray

Life isn't so grand
He's at the end of a thousand miles
I'm at the end of my patience
I won't see his eyes for
five months
There was no time to think
I thought wrongly
I could have changed my mind
He could have changed my mind
He should have changed my mind

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I found this post via Twitter. I really got drawn in by these words, and it kind of took me back to a particular time...
    I love that photo, too.
    Happy travelling, alone or otherwise
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sara! Thank you very much. Glad you like it all. Trying to get part two done now..

    ReplyDelete