Friday, 16 September 2011

In the middle of the night, the fire alarm of my building went off. We duly went outside to wait for it to be switched off. Some of us were considerably less dressed than others, and we were all pissed off. Turns out someone had smashed the glass in one of those boxed wall alarms. Lovely. To be fair to the culprit, he confessed immediately (otherwise ten millionish firemen would have turned up. Shame), but it meant an extended wait outside while they located the smashed box and sorted it out. 

He's been given a final warning. I'm surprised he wasn't fired/expelled. Hopefully that will ensure it doesn't happen again. By the time we all got back in, I was wide awake again and so haven't had much sleep. Very glad it's the weekend now.

It's my birthday on Tuesday so I'm going to London tomorrow to see some friends and get my first tattoo as a birthday present to myself, a little treble clef on my spine to mark a definite end to the music-focused bit of my life. Maybe when I finish my current career I'll get a little anchor or boat...

I've been sent an application to be a Junior Associate of the Honorable Company of Master Mariners. If you want to have a look at what they do, visit HCMM's website. I also have an interview for that library ambassador job next week, so things are starting to get a bit busier.

Next week I'll blog a bit more about what we're actually learning, as it's really interesting. For now, have a good weekend!

1 comment:

  1. With RentalCars you can discover the best car hire at over 49,000 international locations.

    ReplyDelete