Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Trick Poem

It's been a while since my last blog post, but I've been busy with a proof reading course and two jobs and drinking too much and reading some great stuff.

Last week I was given this book by an amazing friend: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAkQsePo2Bo

It is fascinating and beautiful and a really interesting way of writing. Margaret Atwood is well known for being an admirer of the form, so - to satisfy my own curiosity rather than impress her, honest - I tried my hand at one... hope you like it. If anyone wants to illustrate it for me, get in touch!


I was set on fire / with sparkling bubbles
I was made of air / to end my troubles
I was cleansed with water / to keep me dry
I was packed in earth / so I could fly
I was given wings / made of blood and lust
I was eating hearts / to gain your trust
I was locked inside / on a country breeze
I was near the sun / when my mind would freeze
I was starting again / it was near the end
I was thinking of you / with foe, not friend
I was angry and lost / when my mind returned
I was in perfect peace / my life, it burned

1 comment: